Please make sure you have a referral letter ready before making an appointment.
Konkuk University Medical Center was designated as a tertiary general hospital as of January 1, 2012, and patients with a medical coverage request form (a referral letter) issued by hospitals and clinics, or a medical report with abnormal findings on the results after the medical examination will be eligible for health insurance benefits.
Korean law stipulates that patients with Korean National Health Insurance should visit a primary or secondary hospital before visiting a tertiary hospital.
Otherwise, you can get a referral letter from a family medicine doctor at our hospital.
Please note that an appointment must be made in advance to receive a referral letter from a family medicine doctor, and medical expenses will be charged separately.
According to [Regulation for Criteria for Providing Reimbursement in the Korean National Health Insurance] Article 2-4 (Processes of Providing Reimbursed Services), you can receive health insurance benefits at this hospital without a medical coverage request form (a referral letter) in the following cases.
In case of emergency patients (corresponds to Article 2-1 of the Emergency Medical Service Act)
- In the case of childbirth
- When a registered disabled (Article 32, Act on Welfare of Persons with Disabilities) or a person deemed to need rehabilitation treatment, such as occupational
therapy/exercise therapy, rather than simple physical therapy, is receiving reimbursement from the department of rehabilitative medicine
- When a person is receiving reimbursement from the department of family medicine/dentistry
- When a hemophilia patient is receiving reimbursement
- When a person working at the relevant medical care institution is receiving reimbursement
2. Registration & Notice
You must bring your Alien Registration Card (ARC) and passport for identification purposes.
If you have medical or visual documents related to your treatment or symptoms, please have them ready.
Please proceed with the payment after confirming your appointment at the desk.
- You will receive medical treatment after paying in full.
※ Depending on the status of outpatient care, it may be difficult to make a same-day appointment.
3. Treatment & Payment